Saturday, November 29, 2008

Unblock Outlook attachments

Hacking is cool!! Don't you think so???

I am not going to say that I have discovered something new..but I did find this useful many at times..so I thought I would share it..

You all would have found that Microsoft Outlook blocks our attachments.(.exe,.bat,etc)..
It prompts us a message "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments"

Since editing registries is my favorite subject..I have found the way to unblock this..Do it at your own risk..This will affect your security..but gives you a lot of freedom.. :-)

So here is the way..

1) Run regedit

2) Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Security
(The version is 12.0 for Microsoft Outlook 2007 . If it is 2003 the version is 11.0 and for 2000, the version is 9.0)

3) Add a new String Value called: Level1Remove

4) Edit it and save the value data to the extension you wish to allow like .bat or .exe separated by semicolon
Eg:.bat;.exe

5) Restart Outlook.

And you are done!!!!

Wait for more hacks to come!!!!

No comments: