Sunday, November 30, 2008

Command lines in windows

I was not keen about working on command lines..but I was usually asked my colleagues about what is the particular command in windows for a corresponding command in Linux..Working on windows from command line..aah..I never knew the answer but i googled.. and there are actually commands but we rarely use them...

So some of the things I wish I could remember..so that next time some person well-versed in Linux asks me some doubts..I might be able to stand up to them. You can easily Google and find them...I am blogging for my ease..

All these have worked on Windows XP

1. To start a process
start
eg: start notepad

2.To kill a process
tskill
eg: tskill notepad

3. To list the processes that are running
tasklist

4. To start a service
sc start

5. To stop a service
sc stop

6. To query the status of a service
sc query

7. To get system information
systeminfo

8. To get time
time

9. To display disk information
vol

10. To configure IP
ipconfig

11. Manipulating the network routing tables
route

12. Execute a program under a different user account
runas

Maybe I will add more information in the future..

No comments: