Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Another day behind the virus

This time another virus utilized my time and effort.

The virus was an executable g8k.exe. My system was behaving weird ..but unfortunately, I couldn't force remove this executable and made me dig deep into this.

Part 1:
A little bit of google led me to the fact that there are some more files related to g8k.exe

1. %temp%/herss.exe
2. %temp%/cvasds0.dll
3. %temp%/cvasds1.dll

Remember to boot in safe mode to remove them.If you don't have access to safe mode, then remove hidden attributes for these file and do a force delete.

Part 2: TPShocks.exe is misused by this virus. Kill this from task manager and you can remove g8k.exe peacefully.

The reason why I said TPShocks is misused is because it is supposed to be for IBM Hard Drive Active Protection. So don't go and kill this, thinking its a virus...Since it maybe an actual hard drive protection service! Don't mess up too much!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amazingly, your piece goes to the heart of the topic. Your clarity leaves me wanting to know more. Just so you know, i'll immediately grab your feed to keep up currently with your online blog. Sounding Out thanks is merely my little way of claiming what a masterpiece for a fantastic resource. Take On my best wishes for your subsequent publish.
usb drive recovery